Dr. Stafford’s Venia now offers Vitamin B-12 injections at our new Riverstone location in Coeur d’Alene. The shot is quick and painless with most clients out in about 5 minutes. B-12 injections are offered by appointment or walk in Tuesday and Thursday during business hours.
Vitamin B12 is part of a larger vitamin B complex, but it is regularly singled out as an essential vitamin that is necessary for good health. For this reason, more and more people are choosing to supplement their diet with vitamin B12 shots. You may be wondering what do B12 shots do, so read on to discover more about this vitamin and the benefits of B12 injections.
Vitamin B12: The Basics
First of all, it is important to understand exactly what vitamin B12 does and why it is important. B12 is a naturally occurring vitamin found in animal products such as meat, eggs, and dairy.
It is important for the proper functioning of the circulatory and nervous systems. Vitamin B12 plays a critical role in red blood cell production and provides energy for the brain to function smoothly.
Most people get enough B12 from diet alone, especially if their diet includes lots of animal products. However, even a slight deficiency can cause problems that may seem minor at first but can escalate if the deficiency is not addressed.
Common signs of a slight deficiency include fatigue, difficulty in remembering, light-headedness, and constipation or diarrhea. These problems can persist if a deficiency is left untreated.
Vitamin B12: The Benefits
The benefits of B-12 injections are many. Listed below are many common reasons people opt for this quick shot.
- Better Mood: Since vitamin B12 is associated with neural and cognitive functioning, some people take B12 to improve mood, energy, and concentration.
- Accelerated Weight Loss: Lipotropic shots contain B12 in addition to several amino acids that help the body metabolize fat, which is a great tool that helps people lose weight. When used in conjunction with diet and exercise, lipotropic shots can do wonders for your waistline.
- Improved Health: Vitamin B12 plays a key role in the circulatory system, and high levels of B12 can reduce homocysteine levels. Homocysteine blocks the arteries and taxes the heart, so by reducing homocysteine levels, vitamin B12 reduces the risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Improved Sleep: By helping the body regulate your circadian rhythms, vitamin B12 can help you sleep better.
- Reduced Sickness: Vitamin B12 provides a boost to the immune system by making the rest of the body run more smoothly, which can reduce chance of illness.
- Increased Energy